Business Operations Manager
Position Location: Charlottesville, VA | Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Kennedy & Company is seeking to hire a talented full-time position to support business operations as our firm grows. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with similar previous experience who possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly. As such, strong interpersonal skills, creative thinking, and an interest in contributing to the growth and success of a small business with local and remote staff are desired traits. The ideal candidate is able to work independently as well as in team settings to solve problems and manage internal systems and projects.
Preference will be given to candidates with similar experience in business operations and/or human resources. The successful candidate will be based in Charlottesville, VA but we are open to this position being fully remote and will support training and development through online technology and collaborative tools.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Benefits and Human Resources Administration — Responsible for the ownership, data integrity, configuration, updates, and day-to-day management of Gusto (K&Co’s cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management software).
- Expense Management — Approving staff expense reports and processing reimbursements through Tallie (K&Co’s expenses management system)
- Client Invoicing – Work with the Leadership Team to set invoicing terms and schedules at the onset of a client engagement and send invoices on set schedule to clients as projects progress using Quickbooks accounting software
- Onboarding – Assist in the hiring and onboarding process of new employees
- Relationship Building – Work cross functionally with the leadership team and our staff to ensure operations are running accurately and efficiently, while looking for ways to continuously improve the existing systems and methods
- Compliance Analysis – Ensure compliance to administrative policies by team related to time entry, engagement management, and the Google suite.
- Assisting the team with administrative elements of business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional services organization
- Ability to prioritize and meet weekly/monthly/quarterly deadlines
- Ability to define, visualize, and communicate new business processes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently when needed
- Ability to work with a team that is remote
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Advanced proficiency with Google suite of services for business
- Sense of curiosity and self-motivation to learn and grow
- Attention to detail
- Experience with complex revenue recognition and invoicing of a consulting firm on projects that are time and material-based or milestone-based (including expenses)
- Experience working in human resources
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with proven experience working collaboratively across many functions and levels
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common metrics used to measure and monitor operational performance, define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide clear and concise communication to a wide audience of internal departments
Our ideal candidate will be one that is looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.