Sales & Marketing Associate Coordinator
Position Location: Charlottesville, VA | Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Kennedy & Company is seeking to hire a talented full-time Sales and Marketing Coordinator to support our Sales and Marketing efforts. Our ideal candidate is a self-starting sales and marketing professional who possesses strong writing and organizational skills as well as experience working in PowerPoint and a graphic design program like Adobe’s Creative Suite to produce polished marketing proposals and other collateral. The ability and desire to create content-rich, graphically appealing marketing and sales documents in the marketplace is a must. This is a fast-paced job that requires the ability to collaborate across K&Co. consultants while supporting multiple deadlines. As such, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking and tenacity for contributing to a mission-oriented office environment are desired traits. The ideal candidate is able to work independently as well as in team settings with others to solve problems and oversee deadline submissions.
Preference will be given to candidates with similar experience in the higher education industry. The successful candidate will be based in our Charlottesville, VA or Washington, DC office. In light of COVID-19, we are amenable to remote work and will support training and development through online technology and collaborative tools. There is no expectation of in-person work until clearance is given by the CDC and company leadership deems it safe to resume work in-person.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Proactively and thoroughly prepare responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), working in collaboration with a principal consultant.
- Provide support for the development of sales presentations, working in collaboration with a principal consultant.
- Coordinate and provide creative and technical support for other marketing deadlines such as webinars, conferences, presentations, and PR opportunities.
- Produce and manage library of project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting materials for proposals.
- Populate and maintain updates to the website content, including the release of Insights, updated personnel changes and relevant news and offers.
- Manage website and social media outlets – and develop strategies for developing and sharing content across media platforms.
- Administer the marketing and sales CRM (HubSpot), ensuring that data is maintained, accurate and that marketing and sales-related activities are appropriately collected and stored to support the company’s growth strategies.
- Organize and maintain proposal archive and marketing files.
- Provide data entry and upkeep for marketing and business development efforts.
- Oversee internal project management for marketing-related efforts, holding colleagues accountable for deliverables and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in communications, marketing, or writing
- Experience in higher education or consulting will be given high priority. Identification as a marketing or creative professional with a desire to work in mission-based setting will also be prioritized
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to think strategically
- Conscientious command of time management with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
- Experience with and interest in storytelling through content, graphics, photography, infographics, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign; skill with Photoshop, Acrobat; WordPress, and other software programs preferable
- Current Notary Licensure, or the ability and eligibility to complete certification exam
Our ideal candidate will be one that is looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.