Position Location: Washington, DC | Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Kennedy & Company is looking for experienced candidates to provide Slate Technolutions custom consulting services and project management specifically for not-for-profit colleges and universities. Ideal candidates will have strong analysis and communication skills and a passion for social sector work. We offer competitive pay and benefits and an immersive start-up company feel. Our Associates should expect exciting responsibilities almost immediately, such as creating client-facing work and actively engaging in project management and delivery, as well as supporting the sales process. The Slate Associate will be a leader in moving new projects forward, the first point of contact for client instances of Slate.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support clients in leveraging Slate and other technology solutions for efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide technical knowledge and participate in problem solving to assist clients in resolving their process challenges and improving services.
- Propose functional enhancements, provide guidance on new and better methods for configuring Slate to meet campus needs, coordinate with functional areas across client organization, troubleshoot Slate-related production issues, and provide user documentation and training.
- Work with other technical team members to manage projects and timelines.
- Identify high-ROI opportunities for client service and efficiency, develop and present business cases to implement those opportunities.
- Actively contribute and often lead internal and external (client) meetings; superior public speaking skills desired.
- Maintain respectful and productive working relationships with clients and respond to basic client inquiries and needs.
- Develop and maintain respectful, productive, and enjoyable working relationships with the Kennedy & Company team.
- Assist the team with new business development efforts including RFP searches, proposal writing, client outreach, and participation in sales pitches.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study with five years of practical experience; OR a Master’s degree in a related field with three years of practical experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in technology including areas such as third-party application support, database management, systems integration, and/or process analysis
- Knowledge and advanced experience using Slate Application system and CRM
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Aptitude for project management and responsive to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an enthusiasm for training
- Exceptional attention to detail for conducting initial reviews of client deliverables
- Strong aptitude, ability, motivation and interest in performing strategic assessments, analysis, and work process redesign
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently when needed
- Sense of curiosity and self-motivation to learn and grow
- 3-7 years of professional work experience as a business or systems analyst in an Enrollment Management department utilizing Slate from Technolutions
- SQL knowledge and experience writing complex database queries
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, Argos, or Tableau a plus
- Experience with systems integrations and/or web application architecture a plus
Our ideal candidate will be one that is interested and well-equipped with the technical and analytical skills required to work in the consulting industry but who is also looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel. Position may require up to 30% travel – based on client locations.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.