Position Location: Washington, DC | Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Kennedy & Company is looking for new analyst-level candidates interested in management consulting services provided specifically for not-for-profit colleges and universities. Ideal candidates will have strong analysis and communication skills and a passion for social sector work. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a start-up company feel. Our analysts should expect hands-on training from the company’s senior leadership and the opportunity to perform client-facing work almost immediately.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the consulting team on client engagements in the areas of benchmarking, financial analysis, report writing, and market research
- Analyzing primary and secondary data from higher education clients to support overall project goals
- Maintaining respectful and productive working relationships with clients and responding to basic client inquiries and needs
- Preparing graphics and presentations for client deliverables; proficiency working in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Actively contributing to internal and external (client) meetings; superior public speaking skills desired
- Working to broaden industry and practice knowledge and keep updated on relevant news articles and trends in the higher education market
- Developing and maintaining respectful and productive working relationships with the Kennedy & Company team
- Assisting the team with new business development efforts including RFP searches, proposal writing, and client outreach
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to collect, validate, and analyze large amounts of data from diverse sources
- Knowledge of and aptitude for financial modeling or data analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude, ability, motivation and interest in performing analysis and work process redesign
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently when needed
- Sense of curiosity and self-motivation to learn and grow
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree (or minor) in business, economics, finance, accounting or a related field
- Direct professional experience with budget model design, financial modeling, survey research, or statistical analysis
- Presentation skills
- Experience conducting interviews and focus groups
Our ideal candidate will be one that is interested and well-equipped with the technical and analytical skills required to work in the consulting industry but who is also looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel. Position may require up to 30% travel – based on client locations.
The application deadline for priority consideration is 11:59pm Sunday, December 17, 2023. Invitations for interviews will be extended in January 2024.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.