Position Location: Washington, DC | Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Kennedy & Company is looking for new analyst-level candidates interested in consulting services provided specifically for not-for-profit colleges and universities. Ideal candidates will have strong analysis and communication skills and a passion for social sector work. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a start-up company feel. Our analysts should expect hands-on training from the company’s senior leadership and the opportunity to perform client-facing work almost immediately.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the consulting team on client engagements in the areas of benchmarking, financial analysis, report writing, and market research
- Analyzing primary and secondary data from higher education clients to support overall project goals
- Maintaining respectful and productive working relationships with clients and responding to basic client inquiries and needs
- Preparing graphics and presentations for client deliverables; proficiency working in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Actively contributing to internal and external (client) meetings; superior public speaking skills desired
- Working to broaden industry and practice knowledge and keep updated on relevant news articles and trends in the higher education market
- Developing and maintaining respectful and productive working relationships with the Kennedy & Company team
- Assisting the team with new business development efforts including RFP searches, proposal writing, and client outreach
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to collect, validate, and analyze large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude, ability, motivation and interest in performing analysis and work process redesign
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently when needed
- Sense of curiosity and self-motivation to learn and grow
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree (or minor) in business, economics, public policy, finance, accounting or a related field
- Presentation skills
- Experience conducting interviews and focus groups
Our ideal candidate will be one that is interested and well-equipped with the technical and analytical skills required to work in the consulting industry but who is also looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel. Position may require up to 30% travel – based on client locations.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.