Technical Developer/Solution Consultant
Position Location: Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC or Remote | Position Type: Full Time
Kennedy & Company is looking for a full-time Technical Developer to support its Salesforce practice. In this important role, we are looking for a professional with previous experience working within higher education, as well as in designing, developing and implementing with the Salesforce platform. Each of these components are required for consideration.
The ideal candidate will have three or more years working in an admissions, advising or other student support office within a college or university, and have an equal or greater number of years working within Salesforce. This candidate will also have earned four or more Salesforce certifications, including at least two related to the following: Education Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud or Sales Cloud. This candidate will also have experience leading and working closely with others on various CRM or other technical/operational projects, and have a deep commitment and passion for improving the staff and student experience through Salesforce.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and facilitating dialogue and working sessions with current and/or prospective clients to determine business, functional and technical requirements and participating in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Performing configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform
- Participating in and/or leading efforts to develop and execute testing, training, and documentation
- Providing a hands-on approach leading to tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans)
- Utilizing best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, and bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Working closely with colleagues and clients to support the “innovate and adapt” model for project delivery
- Providing technical assistance and end-user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance with colleagues and clients
- Identifying high-ROI opportunities for client service and efficiency, developing and presenting business cases to implement those opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within higher education
- 3+ years working within Salesforce and/or Salesforce-based managed packages (demonstrable knowledge of other CRM platforms will be beneficial)
- Minimum of four earned Salesforce certifications (with at least two certifications related to the following: Education Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud or Sales Cloud)
- 2+ years experience with Force.com developer toolkit – Apex, VisualForce, Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services/SOA & Metadata APIs
- Familiarity with Services Oriented Design Principles (SOA) and Web Services
- Prior experience with data migration and ETL/integration tools a plus
- Experience with HubSpot, Slate, Banner, Colleague and other common higher ed solutions a strong plus
- Demonstrated understanding of the Salesforce data architecture, including the Education Data Architecture (EDA) model provided through Salesforce
- Willingness to acquire additional certifications through the Salesforce platform
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
Our ideal candidate will be one that is well-equipped and brings significant experience working in higher education and the technical and analytical skills required to grow in the consulting industry but who is also looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of highly motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel. Position may require up to 10% travel – based on client locations.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.