Position Location: Washington, DC | Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Kennedy & Company is looking for experienced candidates in providing consulting services specifically for not-for-profit colleges and universities. Ideal candidates will have proven quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, strong communication skills, and a passion for social sector work. We offer competitive pay and benefits and an immersive start-up company feel. Our Senior Associates should expect exciting responsibilities almost immediately, such as creating client-facing work and actively engaging in project management and delivery, as well as taking on key roles in the sales process and practice development.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzing primary and secondary data from higher education clients and external sources to fulfill project goals
- Developing and refining statistical models, descriptive analysis, financial models, and reports for review by Kennedy & Company leadership
- Preparing graphics and developing and refining presentations for client deliverables; proficiency working in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Assisting in project management by communicating with client stakeholders to ensure effective delivery and execution of project work
- Actively contributing and often leading internal and external (client) meetings; superior public speaking skills desired
- Maintaining respectful and productive working relationships with clients and responding to basic client inquiries and needs
- Working to continually broaden industry and practice knowledge and keep updated on relevant news articles and trends in the higher education market
- Developing and maintaining respectful, productive, and enjoyable working relationships with the Kennedy & Company team
- Assisting the team with new business development efforts including RFP searches, proposal writing, client outreach, and participation in sales pitches
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference to degrees, certificates, or minors earned in business, economics, finance, accounting, analytics, statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, higher education administration, banking, corporate finance, or other analytical field, at least three of which are focused in higher education
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Intermediate knowledge of SPSS or other statistical analysis tools/languages
- Ability to validate and derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources
- Presentation and interviewing skills that have been refined through client-facing experience
- Strong aptitude, ability, motivation and interest in performing strategic assessments, analysis, and work process redesign
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- Exceptional attention to detail for conducting initial reviews of client deliverables
- Master’s degree preferred, with preference to degrees, certificates, or minors earned in business, economics, finance, accounting, analytics, statistics, or a related field
- Experience with survey software (e.g., Qualtrics) a plus
Our ideal candidate will be one that is interested and well-equipped with the technical and analytical skills required to work in the consulting industry but who is also looking to be a part of a small, close-knit team of motivated individuals. Candidates must be open to a flexible working environment and a startup feel. Position may require up to 30% travel – based on client locations.
If you are interested please complete the form on the Join Our Team page and upload your resume.